August 14, 2009

Day one

Day one

12 noon
This morning is riddiculous.. We are scrammbling around searching for
a rental van, but all the usual rental spots are out .... Poor
planning on our part but that's just the way it goes I guess! The
rental is gonna cost us more than I'm willing to disclose and I'm so
broke that all I can do is give a promise that I'll pay them back!
Everyone is still in a reasonable mood though... Just a little
stressed/worried
I'm fully packed with 2 extra shirts, an iPod, extra pair of
underwear and pants I cant wait to leave! I'll be happy when I'm at a
gas station in the middle of nowhere hoping to find a clif bar!
10:59 pm
We got to the show around 7 but were the first ones here and later we
found out it didnt start til 945! Haha
So we got some bananas and cookies from a health food store and tried
to track down the nearest coin star machine ( we got 19 bucks!) when
we got back to the venue which is a bar they would not allow nicole in
til we played and so we couldn't do a sound check ... Like it matters
anyway. We played super loud! Louder than the sound guy wanted... It
was sloppy and fun! I got my own mic and took advantage of the
situation by talking alot! It ruled some bar dorks liked it and the
lovely eggs from the uk loved us! :] ... Mandi was drunk! Haha i think
we decided to not drive all the way to Seattle where there is no show
waiting' for us ... Were gonna go to Portland and eat breakfast and
donuts and record shop instead. Were so broke and we just started! ...
I'm having fun!
11:30
Shows almost over and I think they might try to chince us out of some
door money.... I hope not .... God! bars are so weird! This band has a
guy dressed up as a crow and dedicated a song to Edgar alan Poe! Hahaha
12:41pm
Lovely eggs were awesome!
We got $30 totally got chinced out!
Weak.
Now begins the 9 hour overnight drive to Portland.
Besides the money.... I don't think I wanna play a bar ever again! Haha

XXX
Rich

No comments: